Who's On Line
We have 8 guests and 3 members online
This page is full of all the information for BEquinox 2014. This information has been updated and changed since Feb 4th. Please read this page carefully, there is A LOT of information. Thanks.
The canvas that is BEquinox is set. Make BEquinox BE whatever it will BE. BEring it LA and beyond. The Mantra to keep in your head as you pack and plan... BEquinox is just like Burning Man.
BEquinox is just a tiny Burning Man... there will be heat, cold, wind, fire... there will be portas... you know you were hoping for those... there will be no showers... you wanna bathe, ya better BEring it. You wanna eat\drink?... ya better BEring it. There is no vending except for Ice and wood (prices soon). Pack it in... pack it out. This is a leave no trace event.
• Where – Joshua Tree Lake Campground - 2601 Sunfair Rd Joshua Tree, CA 92252
• When – The Gates open on Thursday March 20th at noon. Participants need to be off the property by 2pm on Sunday March 23rd.
• Theme – Mythos
• Yes, there will be instances that early entry is necessary. As you go thru the process of signing up for volunteering, bringing art, building a theme camp, etc., you will receive instructions for early entry. Yep, you will need a pass to arrive early.
• Gate will be closed between 11:59pm(midnight) Thursday night till 8am Friday morning.
• Gate will be closed between 11:59pm(midnight) Friday night till 8am Saturday morning.
• Gate will close for the event at 8pm Saturday Night. Please plan your arrival accordingly.
• There are no ins\outs. Once you leave the event, you cannot return.
• The event has been capped at 1,200. This includes staff, volunteers and participants.
• The event effigy will burn at 9pmish Saturday night weather permitting. Effigy may also burn Friday night if there is the potential for weather problems.
• This is an all ages camping event.
• This is a pet free event. Please leave your dogs \ pets at home.
• There will be no tickets sold at the Gate.
• There is NO staking in the RV site area. Yes, you can stake in the open camping area.
• There will be wood and ice for sale. No, we do not have the price yet, but will let you know soon.
• There is potable water onsite. Don't forget to bring containers.
• The JT Campground showers will be closed for the event. If you plan to bathe, please bring your supplies... just like Burning Man.
• If you would like to volunteer at BEquinox. To volunteer for the event, please complete your request here –
• If you would like to bring your Theme Camp to BEquinox, please send your request to –
Theme Camp applications will be accepted until midnight March 2nd.
Art applications will be accepted until midnight March 16th.
Art car applications will accepted until midnight March 16th.
• There will be a What, Where, When – please stand by for more details on this.
Let the fun BEgin!
The BEquinox Enablers 2014
Los Angeles League of Arts LLC
Be sure to purchase your ticket online. There are no service charges to do this. This will save you soooooo much time in line at the Main Entrance. Here is the link...
Presales END October 2nd at midnight.
Got big art? A mutant vehicle? Interactive theme camp?
Performance, crafting workshop, kids event, weird performance art thingy, parade?
Bring it on!
GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS: To purchase general admission tickets please use this link. Presales will end Wednesday October 2nd at midnight. https://bequinox.webconnex.com/la2013decompression
Welcome to Cargo Cult! In an attempt to help bridge the gap between Theme Camps looking for Campers and Ticket Holders who are looking to get more involved and join a Camp, the LA League of Arts has set up two forms.
2013 Los Angeles Burning Man Campers looking for Camps
Please click on the link above that applies to you. Only one representative from your group needs to fill out the form. Once you fill out the form come back and click on one of the links below that applies to what you are looking for.
2013 Los Angeles Burning Man list of Camps looking for Campers
2013 Los Angeles Burning Man list of Campers looking to join Camps
This list will be growing as people fill out the forms so check back often. Please do not edit anyone elses information but your own. If you find what you are looking for and are fulfilled, then you may remove only your information from the spreadsheet.
If this is your first time attending Burning Man please read the Survival Guide and come prepared to participate whether you find a match with a theme camp or decide to go solo.
~)’(~ Good Luck ~)’(~
With all the great photos from LA Decom, we could not resist having a photo contest. The outcome with be an amazing calendar/fund raiser for the LA League of Arts and future arts and education grants. Everyone who took photos at LA Decom is invited to enter.
Our New Photo Contest has Begun: 2012 LA Decom Photo Contest.
Tonight at 2AM our participating sound stages will be converting to "silent disco" mode. Using your smart phone and headphones you can be at the stage dancing with people listening to the same music! Each stage will have a wireless network you can join and/or you can use your data plan to stream it from the internet. For the links to the stream and full details please point your browser over to…